1.08.2008

High School Inspiration




















I found this wacky, psychedelic high school colored pencil drawing and finished it. Most of my high school art projects lay unfinished so it felt great to complete it just for kicks.


I hadn't seen this charcoal drawing since high school either. My mother found it in her garage, thought it was one of her sketches and flipped it over to read: Alina Peine Period 3.

For Christmas, my mother had the peach tree sketch framed and gave it to Aaron. He loves it, and who knew I would inspire myself.

I have recently gotten back into creating art & craft. I am currently oil painting an abstract giraffe, knitting a hot pink scarf, stenciling my cupboards with some obnoxious Florida-esque colors and making felt Pac Man Christmas ornaments. I'll post photo's of them when I am finished. The two little girls that I nanny also have inspired me. We draw all of the time and they love anything I draw. I love the absence of pressure & deadlines when creating art.

*aLiNa

4 comments:

J said...

I remember the painting of the girl! Fancy that! You were always so great at creating aesthetically appealing art. I can't wait to see more.

Loves, J

Jordan said...

Love the art and the new blog! you need to paint more! Lova ya- Jordan and Kim

Unknown said...

Alina WOW you are your mothers daughter! your art is truly amazing and fun and beautiful. you must do it more, more more... dont wait until your old, old, old, like your aunt nanc thanks for sharing it. keep it up, you have inspired me to figure out how to do a blog... love auntie nancie

jaredandmatisse said...

You do need to paint more, Leen! We should have a artist's daughter retreat where we just paint. Love, Tisse