6.08.2008

Starting to hugify









The garden has grown a lot in just a few weeks. The tomato plants are blossoming. I can't wait to eat them. I have been layering mulch to our heavy clay soil with grass clippings and fruit rinds to try and loosen it up . At starbucks, they have free large bags of coffee grounds for your garden. I sprinkled that everywhere.

This next week, Aaron is going to help me build a compost heap. I found this awesome little book dedicated to composting.

R.E.M's Gardening at Night has become my summer theme song. I have been doing a lot of gardening at night around 9 when I get home from work.

1 comment:

J said...

Yeah! How fun. There is something to be said about growing your own garden. The joy it brings to ones heart once the first little green tips push through the dirt only to blossom and produce fruit!

Our lovely city sells composting bins (huge barrels) for $35! C and I are buying one this summer. You and I will have to share composting tips and stories.

XOXOXO